Ink Tank | Episode 9
In this short episode, David and Gray answer questions from Ink Tank listeners about perfectionism and showing your work. Here’s to more Ink Tank in 2024!
- How to litterbox train a kitten
- Gray visited the Newberry Library and took a look at the Spencer Papers
- The different types of perfectionism.
- When is sharing your work appropriate?
- There’s very little risk in sharing your work too early. Sharing our work is how we engage in critique with other penmen—an important part of the learning process.
- Watch out for feedback that stops you from continuing to investigate, experiment, and refine. Positive feedback is great, but keep your eye on the prize of excellence.
- Avoid talking negatively about your work, to others or yourself!
- Balance the positive feedback you get from non-experts with your own critical eye.
Ask a question for the next episode:
Ask Ink Tank P.O. Box 1442 Beaverton, Oregon 97075
Specimens Received: Gopi Vajravelu & Steven Wilson.